[Podcast] Episode 20: Constantly Improving Your Business Using Kaizen with Michael Sauri
Kaizen means (literally) “Change for Good,” and that can mean REALLY good things for your growing remodeling company. This process of constant improvement, with every team member participating, allows your company to constantly raise the bar on its target metrics.
In Episode 20, Victoria and Mark learn more about the Kaizen practice of process improvement by welcoming Michael Sauri, CEO of TriVista USA, to the show.
Michael and his wife Deborah started TriVistaUSA in 2005 with the goal of providing an outlet for creativity and a Ritz Carlton-level client experience. “Our Thoughtful Design Builds Fine Living,” is their mission statement and their mantra as they bring phenomenal, award-winning design to the Design/Build community in the Washington DC area.
The Kaizen practice focuses on improving existing, standardized processes by eliminating waste and was first practiced in Japanese businesses after the World War II.
Michael provides some great insight on how TriVista has adopted Kaizen throughout his business and includes:
- The background of Kaizen and how TriVista got involved
- Hiring and developing a team within the Kaizen structure
- The differences between Kaizen and other process improvement practices
- 3 metrics of measurement to measure client satisfaction
- What a Kaizen Event is and what the goal of the effort is
- Issues and examples where Kaizen improved their business
- Managing team buy-in into the process
- And More…
To learn more about TriVistaUSA, visit their website at https://www.trivistausa.com/
Tell everyone you know about PowerTips Unscripted!
As always, if you have a topic that you would like us to cover or know of an industry contact, author or thought-leader that you think others would like to hear from, let us know.