[Podcast] Episode 14: Exploring the Seven Truths with Peter DiGiammarino
In episode 14, Victoria and Mark change gears and welcome a well-known author, professor and CEO, Peter DiGiammarino, to the show.
Peter grew up in the Boston area and after attending University of Massachusetts and then MIT, he served in executive leadership roles for more than 30 years.
Peter is an adjunct professor in the Organization Development program at the University of San Francisco School of Management and Golden Gate University School of Business.
Peter authored, Manage to Lead: Seven Truths to Help You Change the World, and uses the workbook to teach a course he developed on Organization Analysis and Strategy. Peter currently serves on several boards and advises leaders as CEO of IntelliVen. He is based in San Francisco, California.
Victoria, Mark and Peter walk through some of the concepts of “The Seven Truths” and Peter provides some insight on his educational and professional achievements that helped him develop the approach that he covers in his book.
This episode covers:
- Determining what you provide, to whom you provide it and why they buy it from you
- Creating demand for what you are selling
- Identifying skills needed to grow your business
- How to deploy strengths within your team to achieve a common goal
- Types of leaders and being conscious of what type of leader you want to be
- When and how to seek outside perspectives (advisors, peer groups, etc.)
- And more…
Peter does a great job with the “Lightning Round” and “Five Words of Wisdom” segments. Some great insight and advice shared by an organizational development thought-leader. Enjoy!
We love the feedback we have received so far!
As always, if you have a topic that you would like us to cover or know of an industry contact, author or thought-leader that you think others would like to hear from, let us know.